3D printing

antonio antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 16:57:02 UTC 2013

Rick Stevens ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 14/10/2013
18:31:
> On 10/12/2013 02:02 PM, antonio montagnani issued this missive:
>> we are testing a 3D printer, with Marlin driver.With Repitiert Host at
>> first test we didn't get any connection with 250000 baud rate.From
>> googling around I am confused if 250000 baud can be accepted by Fedora
>> (I think so)
>> Printer works fine in Windows with same baud rate.Are we missing some
>> point??
>>
>> Printer is 3drag from an Italian company, Futura Elettronica
>
> I've never heard of a 250K baud rate. I have seen 230.4K (230400) and
> 256K (256000). I suppose it's possible but I don't know if a standard
> program (e.g. stty) would know how to set those. It's dependent on the
> crystal frequency being fed to the USART along with the various divisors
> in the USART's registers.
>
> It may be that the Windows program goes down into the hardware more
> deeply than standard Linux software does. You could probably do it
> by writing code that pokes the appropriate registers in the USART but
> I wouldn't know how to go about it. It's been a while since I did any
> bit-fiddling at that level.
> - Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, AllDigital    ricks at alldigital.com -
> - AIM/Skype: therps2        ICQ: 22643734            Yahoo: origrps2 -
> -        Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now.       -
tnx Rick foryour reply.

I confirm that speed is 250000 baud and with same speed it works great
in Linux if I use Cura.

--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F19(Schroedinger's cat) on Acer 5720

http://lugsaronno.altervista.org
http://www.campingmonterosa.com