systemd[1]: Starting Fingerprint Authentication Daemon...

Mateusz Marzantowicz mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl
Mon Oct 14 20:01:16 UTC 2013

I don't have any fingerprint reader connected to my machine. Why is
systemd starting this useless daemon in this case? I've heard somewhere
that systemd tends to be more intelligent version of sysvinit that does
only what is really needed to save time and system resources. Here are
two lines from my system logs on F19 machine.

systemd[1]: Starting Fingerprint Authentication Daemon...
systemd[1]: Started Fingerprint Authentication Daemon.

Mateusz Marzantowicz