Status of Samsung F2FS support?

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 21:41:40 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 2:27 AM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought there would be some other hurdles for f2fs boot support, ie
> anaconda offering it as an option?

Yes, it would need to be supported by both Anaconda and GRUB.  (The
latter being a prerequisite for the former.)

> Am I the only one interested in having a functional linux system installed
> on a 64GB USB 3.0 pen drive? Apparently, yes ;)

You can already install Fedora directly onto a USB drive using
anaconda and any filesystem it presently supports.

It uses GRUB by default, and that usually will work with most modern
systems.  But if you want something more lightweight, use ext4 as your
filesystem, skip bootloader installation, and then manually install
extlinux after installation:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Syslinux#Manual_install

-T.C.