Status of Samsung F2FS support?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 22:33:53 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 5:41 PM, T.C. Hollingsworth <
tchollingsworth at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can already install Fedora directly onto a USB drive using
> anaconda and any filesystem it presently supports.
>
> It uses GRUB by default, and that usually will work with most modern
> systems.  But if you want something more lightweight, use ext4 as your
> filesystem

The life of such flash drive (a pen drive, which has no TRIM support) will
be very low, SPECIALLY using a journaling file system.

Ext2 with very large cache and lazy writes IMHO would be the only sensible
option. But then F2FS is specially designed for flash storage... so I guess
it's a matter of waiting for F2FS to mature.... :-/

FC