turning off Screen Lock in F19 GNOME doesn't work

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Tue Oct 15 13:09:32 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 11:25:13AM +0000, Andre Robatino wrote:
> Thanks for this, I'll try it next time it happens, and file a bug if it
> works. (BTW, I don't always have the problem - the last time I was locked
> out, I was able to enter password.) I currently have
> cinnamon-screensaver-2.0.0-1.fc19 installed from just over a day ago, which
> is probably when the problem started.

Cinnamon bug. It seems cinnamon-screensaver was forked from
gnome-screensaver, but they didn't adjust the autostart file. So
currently it is configured to start under GNOME and Unity. Breaking
things under GNOME.

Please file a bug. Note: the bug is in Cinnamon, because I see the same
in Mageia.

--
Regards,
Olav