Evolution - keeps losing mail filters

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Thu Oct 17 22:58:55 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm using evolution 3.8.5 on F19, and for the third time now, in as many
days, it has suddenly 'lost' all my incoming mail filters. I have no
idea why it happens, all I see is a yellow banner saying:

   Mail filters automatically updated.
   The filter rule "Xymon" has been modified to account for the deleted
   folder "Xymon".

The folder name (here 'Xymon') changes for each of the filters I have.
The filters actually still exist, but they now do nothing. They
previously all moved mail into various folders, and it is the location
of those folders that has been removed from the filters.

My mail is still all present, and the folders exist. I can read new mail
in the folders so I do not know why it thinks they are deleted.

I can, of course, add the filters back in, but I have 20 or so filters
so it takes a bit of time.

I have been using evolution with no problems since upgrading to F19 a
couple of months ago. As said, this has only just started happening.

Has anyone else seen this recently?

Thanks,

John.