Can't boot Live from USB - unknown fs type, can't mount root

Oliver Ruebenacker curoli at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 17:32:42 UTC 2013

     Hello,

  I downloaded Fedora 19 Live CD and copied it to a USB flash drive via dd.
When I try to boot from it on a Lenovo Thinkpad T430s, I do get a screen
that says that Fedora Live CD is going to load, but then it fails. The
first error message I see is:

  kernel: SQUASHFS error: unable to read id index table

  Then, some lines later, I get several lines that say:

  dracut-mount[361]: mount: unknown filesystem type 'DM_snapshot_cow'

  and then:

  dracut-mount[361]: Warning: Can't mount root file system

  And then I seem to be in a "dracut emergency shell"

  Any ideas? Thanks!

     Best,
     Oliver

--