Can't boot Live from USB - unknown fs type, can't mount root

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Tue Oct 22 07:00:34 UTC 2013

You have to burn the iso to the usb stick using cd creator or what ever
you have for the purpose, similar to how one creates a cd or dvd, not
copy it.
I do this frequently and once the iso is on the stick it doesn't seem to
matter what else is on it the iso still works( for me anyway). I have
a2 gig stick that I've used this way for years.
Roger