Can yum resume??

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Tue Oct 22 19:06:04 UTC 2013

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 13:31:50 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:

> Beartooth wrote:
>

>> As I reported this morning, `yum --releasever=18 distro-sync'
>> told me when I got to it "killed." Just that (on a line by itself). No
>> hint of when, why, how, nor anything else. Can I get to start back up
>> from where it left off, instead of from the beginning?
>
> That's generally what this does:
> yum-complete-transaction

	So I suspected; thanks for the reassurance!

	When I tried it, it told me it had nothing unfinished. :-{ So I
hit it one more time with the distro-sync, adding --skip-broken for good
measure. This time it also took off like a scalded cat, but presently
came to a stop, apparently in medias res, and after a little while
started up again, until another stop. All the stops have been different,
but all come while "processing dependency." So I'm keeping all the
fingers I can crossed. Stay tuned.

Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.