Can yum resume??

David dgboles at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 19:51:52 UTC 2013

On 10/22/2013 3:06 PM, Beartooth wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 13:31:50 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
>
>> Beartooth wrote:
>>

>>> As I reported this morning, `yum --releasever=18 distro-sync'
>>> told me when I got to it "killed." Just that (on a line by itself). No
>>> hint of when, why, how, nor anything else. Can I get to start back up
>>> from where it left off, instead of from the beginning?
>>
>> That's generally what this does:
>> yum-complete-transaction
>
> 	So I suspected; thanks for the reassurance!
>
> 	When I tried it, it told me it had nothing unfinished. :-{ So I
> hit it one more time with the distro-sync, adding --skip-broken for good
> measure. This time it also took off like a scalded cat, but presently
> came to a stop, apparently in medias res, and after a little while
> started up again, until another stop. All the stops have been different,
> but all come while "processing dependency." So I'm keeping all the
> fingers I can crossed. Stay tuned.

Excuse me. A question or two?

You messed up an upgrade over a week ago, maybe two(?), and you still
have no solution.

How would this time spend 'broken' compare with the time it would have
taken to copy your important files, format the drive, and install the
never release. Then put back your files and do the tweaks?

:-)

--

  David