Affordable 802.11n USB dongle that IS supported in Fedora

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 10:17:08 UTC 2014

On Sun, 03 Aug 2014 23:20:26 -0400
Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> So is there a USB 11n dongle that IS supported and can be had for <
> $20?  Actually an external antenna is a plus as it will be on a server
> that at times will be a client and times an AP.

Even if it works as a client, there is no way to know it will work
as an AP, since that requires additional hardware support.

I'm using a Buffalo AirStation N150 Wireless USB Adapter at work
as an access point on my Fedora 20 desktop, but as someone else
points out, there is never any guarantee a newer one will have
the same chipset as an older one.