Fedora - client server networking configuration.

Angelo Moreschini mrangelo.fedora at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 07:15:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

 I am using Fedora 20 on two computers and I have also one computer that
use Windows 8.

 I wont realize a local network with these computers, but I am a little
confused about the way to arrange my (client server) network configuration .

 I understood that DHCP is the core to do the network configuration, but I
have some doubts about how I have to arrange it.

 Reading the documentation, I got the opinion that nothing need to do in
the computers that have the role of Clients on the net; instead on the
computer with the role of Server it need to write the file /etc/dhcpd.conf.

 That is exact ?

 What other important operation need to do to do becouse my local network
works correctly?

It exists a good PRACTICAL tutorial to accomplish this task?

 Thank you

 regards

 Angelo