Fedora - client server networking configuration.

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Aug 25 07:28:51 UTC 2014

On 08/25/2014 12:15 AM, Angelo Moreschini wrote:
> Reading the documentation, I got the opinion that nothing need to do in
> the computers that have the role of Clients on the net; instead on the
> computer with the role of Server it need to write the file /etc/dhcpd.conf.

Routers are generally able to act as DHCP servers, and it's probably
best if you set them up that way so that you don't have to deal with it
on any of your servers.  (I don't think I've ever seen a router where
setting DHCP up required much more than a few mouse-clicks, saving your
changes and restarting the router.)