Fedora 20 and VmWare

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Feb 5 21:57:12 UTC 2014

On 05/02/14 15:42, poma wrote:
>> The application appears to be intended primarily for Windows users who
>> > need to run Linux, etc. Linux users are not supported. Am I wrong?
> http://partnerweb.vmware.com/comp_guide2/pdf/VMware_HOS_Compatibility_Guide.pdf
> Do you see reference to Fedora?;)
>
> Once upon a time I was playing with this freeware,
> https://www.vmware.com/support/server2/doc/releasenotes_vmserver202.html
> End of General Support - June 30, 2011.
> Great experience!
>
> However, you already have a choice to use Libvirt/QEMU-KVM/Virtual
> Machine Manager/Boxes/WhatNot and VirtualBox, so.
> Besides, here I didn't notice an explanation of why people use VMware
> and not the other two solutions,  in the first place.
I just assumed it would be better than the free open source application.
Maybe it is but I don't see much difference. I believe VMware deals with
the mouse/cursor a bit more conveniently, less messing with the right
CTRL key. :-\

> poma
Ok, so more specifically, Fedora Linux users are not supported, I guess
I need a Centos 6 computer which is what I was shooting for a few days
ago. I need to partition the other computer with its' terabyte drive. I
haven't done that yet, it runs F-19 and I want to be certain I have all
the needed information extracted from it.

Thanks,

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/w2bod