Fedora 20 and VmWare

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 20:42:19 UTC 2014

On 05.02.2014 19:57, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
…
> If it was readily available I would run the patch for 3.12, but I
> haven't had much success finding it and even then when the next kernel
> comes along I'm back searching for a patch again. It's not worth it to
> me as long as virtualbox works. I just made a bad purchase, it's another
> company I will avoid.
> The application appears to be intended primarily for Windows users who
> need to run Linux, etc. Linux users are not supported. Am I wrong?

http://partnerweb.vmware.com/comp_guide2/pdf/VMware_HOS_Compatibility_Guide.pdf
Do you see reference to Fedora? ;)

Once upon a time I was playing with this freeware,
https://www.vmware.com/support/server2/doc/releasenotes_vmserver202.html
End of General Support - June 30, 2011.
Great experience!

However, you already have a choice to use Libvirt/QEMU-KVM/Virtual
Machine Manager/Boxes/WhatNot and VirtualBox, so.
Besides, here I didn't notice an explanation of why people use VMware
and not the other two solutions,  in the first place.

poma