'module' object has no attribute 'RPMSENSE_GREATER'

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 03:03:05 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 7:14 PM, Stephen Davies <sdavies at sdc.com.au> wrote:
> The /usr/local/bin version of python came from my manually building and
> installing Python 2.7.6 as part of my attempts to build FreeCAD.
>
> If I hide all of the /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib Python components,
> the original is unable to find modules - even if I set PYTHONPATH and
> PYTHONHOME.

What does 'rpm -V python python-libs' say?  Is /usr/lib64/python2.7
even present?

With the /usr/local Python installation out of the way, what does
invoking 'python' and then running 'import this' on the REPL do?  Does
it print the Zen of Python or do you get an ImportError?

> I then attempted to folow your suggestion re reinstalling rpm.

Won't do you any good, since it will reinstall to the /usr/lib python
which seems to be FUBAR, not the /usr/local/lib python.  Let's fix
that first and then worry about rpm-python.

-T.C.