'module' object has no attribute 'RPMSENSE_GREATER'

Stephen Davies sdavies at sdc.com.au
Wed Feb 12 04:46:34 UTC 2014

It seems that my fiddling with Python from source has zapped at least parts of
the original.

I can find no combination of bin and lib that does everything properly.

I can set up for /usr/bin and /usr/lib and /usr/lib64 (which does exist and
has python2.7) or /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib and get the Python Zen but
yum/fedup etc still fail.

rpm -V python python-libs gives SM5....T.

I think I need to start with force reloading of the original Python setup.
Could you please advise on how to do this.

Cheers and thanks,
Stephen

On Tuesday, February 11, 2014 08:03:05 PM T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 7:14 PM, Stephen Davies <sdavies at sdc.com.au> wrote:
> > The /usr/local/bin version of python came from my manually building and
> > installing Python 2.7.6 as part of my attempts to build FreeCAD.
> >
> > If I hide all of the /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib Python components,
> > the original is unable to find modules - even if I set PYTHONPATH and
> > PYTHONHOME.
>
> What does 'rpm -V python python-libs' say?  Is /usr/lib64/python2.7
> even present?
>
> With the /usr/local Python installation out of the way, what does
> invoking 'python' and then running 'import this' on the REPL do?  Does
> it print the Zen of Python or do you get an ImportError?
>
> > I then attempted to folow your suggestion re reinstalling rpm.
>
> Won't do you any good, since it will reinstall to the /usr/lib python
> which seems to be FUBAR, not the /usr/local/lib python.  Let's fix
> that first and then worry about rpm-python.
>
> -T.C.
Stephen Davies Consulting P/L                           Phone: 08-8177 1595
Adelaide, South Australia.                                Mobile:040 304 0583
Records & Collections Management.