Installing Linux on a windows hd

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Thu Feb 13 18:02:00 UTC 2014

On 02/13/2014 05:37 AM, g wrote:

> On 02/13/2014 07:45 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
>> On Wed, 12 Feb 2014 23:28:29 -0800
>> Edward Mart <edwardm362 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>>        until one those games or apps require an update
>>
>> That's the point, most XP stuff will not be updated, incl games.
>>
>>   or  windows
>>> itself to continue working properly;-)
>>
>> It will continue to work, if you look after it.
>
> and make a full backup for when it throws up it's famous blue screen.
> (
I have no complaint about backups, and I admit that the only game
I play in Windows is Microsoft Pinball, but I have _never_ seen a BSOD
in XP. All the time in 95 and 98, but for me, XP cured that problem.
It really is too bad they'r e phasing out support for XP. My laptop
just can't hack Win 7. It's so slow it's pitiful!

--doug