Installing Linux on a windows hd

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 13 23:24:50 UTC 2014

On 02/13/2014 06:02 PM, Doug wrote:
> On 02/13/2014 05:37 AM, g wrote:
>> On 02/13/2014 07:45 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:

>>> That's the point, most XP stuff will not be updated, incl games.
>>>
>>>    or  windows
>>>
>>> It will continue to work, if you look after it.
>>
>> and make a full backup for when it throws up it's famous blue screen.
>>
> I have no complaint about backups, and I admit that the only game
> I play in Windows is Microsoft Pinball, but I have _never_ seen a BSOD
> in XP. All the time in 95 and 98, but for me, XP cured that problem.
> It really is too bad they'r e phasing out support for XP. My laptop
> just can't hack Win 7. It's so slow it's pitiful!

the only oos game i ever played was the 'flight sim'.

the 2 planes i flew where the 'sopwith camel' and the 'lear jet'.

flying the lear was not 'true flight'. an actual lear jet flight
is a "peak point" coarse. from take of, your flight is an ascent to
a peak half way between points and then a steady decent to landing.

flying the lear jet thru the obstacle coarse would not be possible
for a real lear jet. was not all that easy in the 'flight sim' either.

the later 'purchase' version of 'flight sim' was a lot better and
more planes.

other 2 games i bought and played where 'falcon 3.0', an f16
fighting falcon simulator, and a helicopter simulator. [do not
recall name, and it is packed away somewhere.]

i played 'falcon 3.0' mostly because i finished 'flight school',
but never got thru 'flight school' with the helicopter. :-(

--

peace out.

tc.hago.

.