Fedora 20 on Dell Precision M3850

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 19:31:35 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 1:45 AM, fedora <fedora at ayni.com> wrote:

> Hi Ranjan
> regarding question 1) I got a PC (Desktop) with fully installed Windoze 7
> as well. I then told the Fedora Installer to shrink the Windoze partition.
> Then I installed Fedora (without dual boot). And on Linux I installed
> VirtualBox and I made Windoze 7 to operate in VirtualBox.
> This way, I don't need to reboot, but can start Windoze like a Fedora
> application.
>
> suomi

​With one (HUGE) caveat:
Running the windows partition under VB causes windows to detect that
it is running on a totally different machine than it was installed on
and registered with MS.​
 ​
​
Later when I tried to boot into the windows native partition (Dual Boot),
it froze!!!!
I had to call MS and tell them about the problem and they issued me a new
key - and that allowed me to boot windows natively.
​