Dell Inspiron 1545 touchpad suddenly s-l-o-w

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sat Jun 28 01:41:35 UTC 2014

On 06/28/14 09:18, Temlakos wrote:
> That leaves the slow touchpad. As I said, I can cope by hooking up a USB mouse.
>
> The touchpad has the name "AlpsPS/2 ALPS" if that makes any sense to anyone.
>
> To the person who mentioned the latest xorg-x11-server package: update checking doesn't work using KDE's Apper. How do I force the system to check for further updates and recognize that those updates exist?

There may be an easier way.  I've just not looked into it.  But what I do is download the rpm's that I need from koji and use "yum localinstall listofrpms"

Of course I make sure I download the correct arch and only install/upgrade the packages which already are installed.

Maybe it fixes it, maybe not.  Kind of why I suggested downgrading as, if it is an xorg issue, going back to a working version will verify it.