Dell Inspiron 1545 touchpad suddenly s-l-o-w-SOLVED

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sat Jun 28 10:56:57 UTC 2014

On 06/28/14 17:48, Temlakos wrote:
> That seemed a drastic measure, to use the testing repo. I suppose I'll have to leave it enabled until the new version of xorg-x11 migrates to "updates" from "updates-testing." How do I then *disable* updates-testing when I don't need it anymore?

It wasn't a drastic measure as there is a testing period before packages get moved to stable.  Usually, they are actually stable even though they were only in testing since they typically get tested when entered into koji and receiving "karma".

So.....  To fix your issue you had 3 choices....

1.  Downgrade the xorg packages.
2.  Update from updates-testing
3.  Wait until the xorg packages are pushed to stable.

You chose #2.  But, you need to know that adding "-enablerepo updates-testing" to the yum line is a One-Shot thing.  It enabled the repo for that singular run of yum.  But, the repo actually remains disabled in the config files.  Subsequent runs of yum without that parameter will show that the testing repo will not be used.