Disabling users after a period of time

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri May 2 17:27:16 UTC 2014

Allegedly, on or about 02 May 2014, Renich Bon Ciric sent:
> since we're not an ISP; just a bunch o' loosers, we do not have an
> idea of when a user needs to renew the yearly subscription, which is
> $100.

Sounds like you need some kind of diary program.  When someone pays
their dues, you record how much and when, and then set two future events
to happen.  An expiry date that disables their website, and an invoice
date for at least a couple of weeks before the expiry.

If you really are only a small group, you mightn't even need to automate
it, just use an ordinary non-computer desk diary.  But there are various
calendar programs about, and you can set what happens on those dates,
including running programs rather than just popping up messages or
playing alarm noises.  I dare say you could find one that would let you
run a script on a date that could do the emailing and account disabling.

i.e. Have a look at what "diary" or "calendar" programs you can easily
install, and see if any fit your needs.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.