UEFI Big Drive question

Stephen Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Sat May 10 00:05:44 UTC 2014

Hi,
     As I understand hard disk processes in order to use hard disks
bigger than 2TB in a single partition you must format those hard disks
using a GPT partition table. From what I have read the traditional DOS
partition table is only capable of addressing up to 2TB, and GPT  was
developed to overcome this limitation. The one limitation with GPT as I
understand it is that in order to use GPT you must also have UEFI active
in the Bios.
     From experience I have also found that you can't install the
windows system partition on a GPT device and I thought I read somewhere
that you also can't put Linux /boot on GPT either.

regards,
steve