UEFI Big Drive question

benfell at parts-unknown.org benfell at parts-unknown.org
Sat May 10 00:16:37 UTC 2014

Stephen Morris writes:

<snip>

>     From experience I have also found that you can't install the
> windows system partition on a GPT device and I thought I read somewhere
> that you also can't put Linux /boot on GPT either.

I don't know about the rest of it, but *this* sure doesn't match my
experience. Windows systems most definitely *do* install on GPT partitions,
and in fact the Windows installer will complain if you try to install on a
DOS-style partition with a GPT-capable BIOS. Further, Linux /boot most
definitely can be on a GPT partition--the notebook I'm writing this on has
just this set-up.

--
David Benfell
See https://parts-unknown.org/node/2 if you do not understand the