Acrobat fonts compared to Evince fonts

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed May 14 06:06:43 UTC 2014

On 05/13/2014 05:47 PM, Dale Dellutri wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 8:23 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
>> I am displaying IEEE 802 standard pdfs.  In Acrobat that I get for Fedora
>> from Adobe's repo, the font used is basically unreadable, particularly when
>> I display it on the monitor in the meeting room.
> I don't understand why this should be more noticeable when displaying it on
> the monitor in the reading room, unless it's a resolution problem.
>
> However, in my notes for installing Acrobat Reader, I have:
>
>    The following are needed for Acrobat Reader
>    # yum install PackageKit-gtk-module.i686 gtk2-engines.i686 \
>      libcanberra-gtk2.i686 libcanberra-gtk3.i686

#  yum install PackageKit-gtk-module.i686
Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
No package PackageKit-gtk-module.i686 available.

All the rest and a bunch of dependencies installed.

A little better in rendering the font, but the chosen font is this
little skinny font that is really not readable and will not project well
compared with whatever font evince is using.