Acrobat fonts compared to Evince fonts

Anthony Shipman als at iinet.net.au
Wed May 14 10:33:12 UTC 2014

On Wed, 14 May 2014 04:06:43 pm Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> A little better in rendering the font, but the chosen font is this
> little skinny font that is really not readable and will not project well
> compared with whatever font evince is using.

Is the example at http://i.imgur.com/8hrG3Tp.png the sort of thing
that you are seeing? I have a few documents like this. The pdffonts
program reports, for one of them:

> pdffonts USB\ 3.1\ Specification\ Welcome\ Message.pdf
name                                 type              emb sub uni object ID
Arial                                TrueType          no  no  no       5  0
Arial                                CID TrueType      yes no  yes      8  0
Symbol                               CID TrueType      yes no  yes     13  0

Installing the msttcorefonts package will provide Arial. This fixed the
problem for me.

--
Anthony Shipman                    Mamas don't let your babies
als at iinet.net.au                   grow up to be outsourced.