Thunderbird--find messages

Klaus-Peter Schrage kpschrage at gmx.de
Sat May 17 11:39:58 UTC 2014

Am 17.05.2014 10:31, schrieb g:

> On 05/17/14 04:52, Doug wrote:
>> I didn't know what list to send this to, but since there has been
> > some discussion about Mozilla products here, I'll try this one.
>>
>> I get a large number of messages every day, in addition to those I
>> filter out and don't see.  Unfortunately, some of these messages
> > seem to come in out of time sync, for one reason or another.
> > I don't send everything on the incoming list to trash as soon as I
> > read it. Some of the letters I keep for later reference. Some are
> > tagged, some not.
>
> emails are shown by time they arrive to you. when they are out of
> time order, it is because of delays reaching your email provider.

Thunderbird's "date" colummn in fact seems to show the date the messages
are sent. Your actual message, eg, is indicated in my date field as
"10:31" (my local time), whereas the received field shows "10:32", which
correspondends to the respective entries in the message header.
If you want to sort your emails by date received, you can set this in
the View | Sort by | Order Received-