QuickSynergy

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri May 30 17:16:13 UTC 2014

On 30 May 2014 18:44, Rick Stevens <ricks at alldigital.com> wrote:
> I use synergy all the time between F19 and F20 machines (the console is
> currently on an F19 box).
>
> On the F20 box (XFCE), right-click on the firewall icon and edit the
> current zone (I'm using "Public"). Click on the "Ports" tab, then click
> the "Add" button. In the pop-up, put in "24800" and the TCP protocol
> and click "Save". That should open up the port for now.
>
> If you want this to be permanent, click on the "Configuration" dropdown,
> select "Permanent", and repeat the "Ports->Add" thing and save this
> configuration for future boots.
>
> You'll need to have port 24800/TCP open on ALL machines involved in
> the synergy config. For full disclosure, here's my /etc/synergy.conf
> file (and yes, it hasn't changed in six years despite all the updates
> and rot that's gone on)

Reassured that it should work, I'll continue to play. I added the port
reservation on both sides, but the client still says it failed to
connect - connection refused. Most annoying.

It might be something to do with the work network config - I'll have to ask...

Thanks!
--
Liam Proven * Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk * GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven