DHCP Reservations

Jim Lewis jim at jklewis.com
Mon Feb 2 21:20:32 UTC 2015

Hello all,

  Quick question about DHCP reservations: I have laptops with both wired
and wireless NICs, is it okay to have the router assign the same IP to
both interface? I am assuming it will let me do that. I will not, and do
not ever, have both interfaces active at the same time. In order to make
this post at least somewhat relevant to Fedora I am currently running
three of them in my home office. I keep thinking that I am missing
something, possibly obvious, as to why I shouldn't do this.

  I have my new Netgear R6200v2 working perfectly and I don't want to do
anything to piss it off.

Jim Lewis