Brother HL-L2340DW -_-

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Feb 5 16:31:37 UTC 2015

On 02/05/15 10:07, poma wrote:
> Just because it is cheaper do not bring your health in question.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toner#Health_risks
> An unpublished study at the University of Rostock in Germany is reported to have found that the microscopic particles in toner are carcinogenic, similar to asbestos. Several technicians who had been working with printers and copiers on a daily basis were observed for several years. They showed increased lung problems.[4]
>
> Therefore please do not refill the cartridge yourself, for your own health.
.
Gosh, do you think it may affect my health when I get old? Now toner is
hazardous, that will probably lead to a tax on toner cartridges, any
excuse for a new tax seems to work.

Seriously, there is some interesting information in that article,
different particle sizes and melting points that probably explain some
of the differences in toner selection for each model. Whenever I asked
if I couldn't use the toner on hand in a different machine the answer
has been no.

Refilling toner cartridges involves less spillage than I had with ink. I
am not aware of any that finds it's way into my environment, you just
have to be careful and neat. It is not a problem.

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
box10  Fedora-21/64bit Linux/XFCE