Gnome-3 workspace moves

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Fri Feb 6 18:34:13 UTC 2015

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com>
wrote:

> On 02/05/2015 11:44 AM, Greg Woods wrote:
>
>> In F20, I used to be able to right click the title bar of a window, and
>> select which workspace I wanted to move it to. Now in F21 all I get is the
>> option to "Move to Workspace Down" or "Move to Workspace Up". This is a big
>> loss when I have 12 named workspaces. Is there any way to recover the
>> option to move a window to any existing workspace?
>>

> I think there is a tweek for that.  Look at the tweek tool.

I have, I didn't find anything relevant. I was hoping someone could point
me to the exact option that needs to be tweaked.

For the record: as the original poster, I am well aware that there are
other desktop environments to choose from. But I would prefer not to use
the nuclear option to fix this unless there really is no other.  I would
also prefer that this does not devolve into a flame war about how Gnome 3
sucks. I have put some effort into customizing Gnome 3 just the way I want
it, and would prefer not to have to do all that customization all over
again while getting used to a whole new desktop environment. So please, no
more responses of the form "I use desktop environment XXX and it doesn't
have this issue"; I already know how to go that route and I am looking for
an alternative that avoids the need to switch desktops.

Thanks,
--Greg