Passwords stored by Firefox

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 15 07:04:27 UTC 2015

On 02/14/2015 10:37 PM, Tim wrote:
<<>>

> I'm of the opposite vein.  I really appreciate being able to view
> passwords stored on my computer.  There are so many different things
> that require logon credentials that I cannot remember all of them all of
> the time.  And I hate those blanked off password gadgets that obscure
> what you type in, so you can't see any typos.  Even the type your new
> password in twice, into two separate gadgets, don't prevent you from
> making a typo that you find out about much later on, and then spend
> hours trying out all the possible typos you might have made to crack
> your own password.

this is true and my feelings.

it is also why i have a file of an ambiguous name that i use to enter
site name, site url, site password.

then i do a 'drag and paste' or <ctrl+c> and <ctrl+v> to enter password,
even tho firefox maintains passwords.

an interesting page on "needles";

  https://www.grc.com/haystack.htm

generating "needles";