F21 partitioning circus

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 19:13:43 UTC 2015

On 02/23/2015 11:01 AM, Ian Pilcher wrote:
> On 02/22/2015 01:31 PM, jd1008 wrote:
>> Seems like the Anaconda UI could provide much clearer
>> explanations of available choices, and the consequenes
>> of those choices (i.e. their impact on the drives/partitions
>> that are VISIBLE to Anaconda).
>
> Does it even make sense to Anaconda to worry about creating anything
> but a very, very basic partitioning scheme in the age of live media?

I think it does make sense, because users would like to custom
partition the drive(s) and live with that partitioning scheme for
many years. So, all such options should be made available.
A responder to this thread mentioned that there should be an
"expert" mode in Anaconda where the user accepts all the
consequences of her/his choice(s).

Cheers,

JD