F21 partitioning circus

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 23:23:56 UTC 2015

On 02/23/2015 01:13 PM, jd1008 wrote:
> I think it does make sense, because users would like to custom
> partition the drive(s) and live with that partitioning scheme for
> many years. So, all such options should be made available.
> A responder to this thread mentioned that there should be an
> "expert" mode in Anaconda where the user accepts all the
> consequences of her/his choice(s).

What is the benefit of having anaconda worry about *creating* these
partitioning schemes (for lack of a better term)?

Wouldn't it be better to ask people to use the regular tools in a live
media environment for anything other than a very basic scheme and save
anaconda dev time for ensuring that it is able to *use* as many pre-
existing schemes as possible as reliably as possible?