Fedora 20: After running yum update the Mate Terminal doesn't start anymore

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Feb 25 17:05:54 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-02-23 at 12:49 -1000, Jim Lewis wrote:
> I ran "yum update" on my Fedora 20 system a few days ago. I normally
> don't do this as something always breaks and in this case it was the
> Mate-Terminal.

I can't say that I have that experience, it's very rare that an update
breaks something on my system.  Sounds like you have something wrong
with your system, more than Fedora in general.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.18.7-100.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Wed Feb 11 21:16:53 UTC 2015 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.