xscreensaver & password

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Wed Oct 7 18:20:26 UTC 2015

	I'm at home, and nobody ever touches this PC but me; yet I have
little success with getting xscreensaver *not* to demand a password every
time it takes over. I tell it to do so after zero seconds, and uncheck
the box telling it to do so. Yet it does, anyway -- and I've been having
this problem for years. Is there a solid way to prevent it??
Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.