Fedora 22 random freeze

Jim Conner jfconner at comcast.net
Sat Sep 5 13:39:30 UTC 2015

On 9/5/2015 6:40 AM, Javier Perez wrote:
> Hi
> Is it already known why Fedora 22 randomly freezes up?
> I am getting frequent freeze ups. I think it is at the display level
> because whenever it freezes up, I can always SSH to it from another
> computer. All input and output on my PC remain frozen.
> Nevertheless, even though I can kill X, it stays displayed on the
> screen and even if I try to reboot, the cmputer does not reboot, I
> have to physically hit the reset button.
>
> I am usng the KDE spin
>
> Is this problem known?, How can I troubleshoot it? How can I even
> describe it to google for it? I have been googling a little but all I
> get are unrelated general freeze up pages.
> Thx
>
> --
> ------------------------------
>  /\_/\
>  |O O| pepebuho at gmail.com <mailto:pepebuho at gmail.com>
>  ~~~~     Javier Perez
>  ~~~~          While the night runs
>  ~~~~          toward the day...
>   m m       Pepebuho watches
>                 from his high perch.

Hello,

I have been having the same issues with the Fedora 22 KDE Spin. This has
been configured to use the testing repositories in hopes of an update
that will fix it.  The display will freeze, but I can move the mouse.
The keyboard will work because I can do a Ctrl-Alt-F2 to be able to log
in and do a reboot.  This happens too often to be usable.  I'm not sure
what the cause is exactly, but I'm dropping back to Fedora 21 KDE.  I
will wait and see what Fedora 23 KDE has to offer.

Regards,
Jim