after updating to mozilla-https-everywhere-5.1.0-1.fc22, no longer appears in firefox

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Sun Sep 6 10:37:14 UTC 2015

g <geleem <at> bellsouth.net> writes:

> On 09/05/15 16:17, Andre Robatino wrote:
> <<>>
>
> > I think it was open, then I closed and restarted it. I've noticed that in
> > Windows, for the past few months, I've often had to restart Firefox twice to
> > get HTTPS Everywhere to update properly (it used to work after just one
> > restart). Maybe the same issue now affects Fedora.
> >
> .
> as far as i am aware of https-everywhere has always needed a restart to
> activate.

Yes, but only one. It didn't need multiple restarts until a few months ago.
After one restart, I'll see something like both old and new versions
appearing in the Add-ons tab, then after another restart the old version
will be gone.

> why you have to restart twice in oos, i do not know. then again, oos is
> what it is.
>
> if it is by chance win10, then that explains a lot.

I've seen the issue in every version of Windows between XP and 10, but only
in the last few months. Most likely the same issue affects the Fedora
version as well (I probably didn't see it in Fedora until recently since the
Fedora version was at 4.0.3 until about a month ago) and is caused by some
problem with HTTPS Everywhere and has nothing to do with the OS.