searching raid 6 card working with fedora 23

thibaut noah thibaut.noah at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 16:43:59 UTC 2016

It's not an enterprise environnement, i will just store movies, tons of it.
Even for personnal datas like photos and stuff, never saw a simple user
using ecc ram, especially in the windows world of gaming.
It would be safer, but not worth the money.

Driver compatibility issues, i'm currently running 4.2.5 and i already
returned 3 cards who didn't have a compatible driver (tried for one week to
run the last one with the help of highpoint support but i returned it
after, didn't want to take the chance to loose my money since the allowed
delay to return an item is not that long).
I want to run 6drives (3To each) in raid 6.
What do you mean by hotplug backplane? I googled it but it is not very
clear to me.

Because i do, if i understand what i read correctly hardware raid is
limited by the card components when my zfs raid will be limited by my cpu
and ram. I will not encrypt the data though, too much load on the cpu.