dovecot? systemd?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 15:16:01 UTC 2016

On Thu, 11 Feb 2016 22:05:32 +0800
Ed Greshko wrote:

> If you are certain the problem arose after the most recent update then the logical thing
> to do is list what was updated.

I'm not certain of anything any more :-).

I rebooted twice after the update and dovecot failed each time, so it seemed
to be reproducible, but then I added a "netstat -n -l -p" command to
dovecot's "pre start" script so I could see who has port 993 tied up
when dovecot starts, and it has worked perfectly after the reboots
I tried with the modified the script.

I haven't yet tried putting back the original script to see if it
starts failing again because I'm tired of rebooting :-).