VLC VideoLAN

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 22 21:04:38 UTC 2016

On 02/22/16 12:10, Rick Stevens wrote:
<<>>

> Guys, the last 25 or 30 replies on this thread have nothing to do with
<>
--
while this is true, it does help maintain an observance of a thread where
op is lax in replying to those who have offered suggestions of help. ;-)

tho "off topic" discussing how not to 'top post' using gmail does offer
guidance for op.

--
tho i have not queried videoland site for operations of vlc, from what i
see of release that i have, VLC media player 2.0.8 Twoflower, from what i

i base this on fact that when vlc is open and a cd or dvd is inserted into
either of my optical devices, a window pops up titled "Devices recently
plugged in:".

shortly after, in "Title" listing, an icon appears with type of an optical
disk with device listing of either 'cdda:///dev/sr0' or 'cdda:///dev/sr0'.
when i eject disc, icon disappears.

such tends to indicate that vlc _knows_whats_up_.

--
for some reason or other, even with having set under;

  System Settings > File Associations

selections for both 'cd' and 'dvd' under "x-content", "Application
Preference Order", "VLC media player" is at top, when i insert a cd or
dvd of audio or video type, vlc does not auto start. but not a problem.

--
as above, with my install, vlc _monitors_ optical devices.

--
peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.7

tc,hago.