[fedora-virt] No keyboard with Spice/qxl...

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 11:47:03 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 01:23:02PM +0200, Georgios Petasis wrote:
> Στις 8/3/2012 11:30, ο/η Alon Levy έγραψε:
> >ok, if the VM runs on a separate pc, of course it doesn't work - I
> >wrongly assumed it was on the same pc as virt-manager. You need to
> >capture the interface that the spice connection is on - so the
> >network connection, which would be em1 / eth0. Wireshark has a
> >neat mode where it shows you the packets per interface before
> >starting a capture on a specific interface
> >(menu->capture->interfaces, or ctrl-i).
> Dear Alon,
>
> I am a little confused.
> I have a PC. I have started a VNC server on the pc. I run
> virt-manager inside this vnc server. I run the VM from this
> virt-manager (so virt-manager & VM run in the pc that the vnc server
> runs).
> And from a second pc, I have a vnc client, that I see all these.

OK, I didn't understand correctly, thanks for the patience.

> I have uploaded a capture from em1 here:
> http://server.intellitech.gr/spice-em1.cap.bz2

So this one will be pointless since the spice connection is over
loopback on your headless pc.

So you are using wireshark on the headless PC via VNC? I don't see any
TCP connections being created, as I would expect if virt-manager starter
the spice connection after the capture is started. Can you please make
sure virt-manager is closed before you start the capture?