[fedora-virt] f20 guest on centos5 xen host

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Mon Jan 20 20:59:12 UTC 2014

Hi, I'm having trouble installing a fedora f20 guest on a centos5
host, I previously had a working f16 guest, so I guess I want to
know if this is possible or not.

virt-install seems to work ok as before, but then the reboot fails
with this error:

   Error starting domain: POST operation failed: xend_post: error from
   xen daemon: (xend.err "Error creating domain: Boot loader didn't
   return any data!")

I've tried formatting /boot as ext2 and ext3 with the same result,
now I'm out of ideas.  Here is my virt-install command:

   virt-install --paravirt --name honk --ram 2048 --disk \
   path=/dev/VolGroup02/LogVol12 --vnc --location \
   http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/20/Fedora/x86_64/os/

--
Bruno