[fedora-virt] f20 guest on centos5 xen host

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Tue Jan 21 14:12:18 UTC 2014

On 01/20/2014 03:59 PM, Bruno Postle wrote:
> Hi, I'm having trouble installing a fedora f20 guest on a centos5 host, I
> previously had a working f16 guest, so I guess I want to know if this is
> possible or not.
>
> virt-install seems to work ok as before, but then the reboot fails with this
> error:
>
>   Error starting domain: POST operation failed: xend_post: error from   xen
> daemon: (xend.err "Error creating domain: Boot loader didn't   return any data!")
>
> I've tried formatting /boot as ext2 and ext3 with the same result, now I'm out
> of ideas.  Here is my virt-install command:
>
>   virt-install --paravirt --name honk --ram 2048 --disk \
>   path=/dev/VolGroup02/LogVol12 --vnc --location \
>   http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/20/Fedora/x86_64/os/

F20 as a paravirt guest should work, but I think nowadays most people are
using fullvirt xen, so maybe paravirt isn't tested as much with new distros.
I'm just guessing though

Regardless, you'll probably have to dig in xen logs to or do some googling to
find more info: I don't have any idea. It's very unlikely to be a
virt-install/libvirt issue though

- Cole