boot.fedoraproject.org

Adam Pribyl pribyl at lowlevel.cz
Thu Feb 4 15:17:44 UTC 2010

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010, Mike McGrath wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Máirín Duffy wrote:

>>> If so, better get mizmo in the loop as that isn't part of her mockup for the
>>> next iteration of the site.
>>
>> I think maybe we should decide where to put it based on which users we
>> think would make use of it.
>>
>> So tell me a bit about the kind of folks who would use boot.fpo? Are
>> these mostly more technical users (I'm guessing?) Why would they choose
>> to use boot.fpo rather than use a liveCD or DVD? What kinds of scenarios
>> are they using it in?
>>

> Anyone with network access could use it.  I think generally though right
> now we're targeting people with fast, solid internet connections.  I don't
> really think the experience level matters much as there's not much to this
> but if it fails I suspect troubleshooting will be odd for new users.

Well I've read the FAQ twice, but it is not obvious to me what this is. Do
I understand correctly this is CD that downloads at the beginning the menu
from net and then starts the usuall network install of selected system? Or
does the menu entries start the pxeboot that loads an installation
system from network as usuall pxe system boot? (Also it is not very
obvious what to do with bfo.usb image..)

> 	-Mike

Adam Pribyl