Fedora 14 schedule

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 7 23:31:37 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 15:51 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> I've completed what a Fedora 14 schedule based on the same spacing and
> dependencies in Fedora 13.
>
> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-14/f-14-web-tasks.html
>
> Please let me know of any changes or adjustments you would like me to
> make.  I can also add in more tasks if those would be helpful to track
> as well.

We probably want to add the website redesign project to the schedule,
no? It's not something we've broken down into milestones yet
though :( My rough stab at it in order I think things could happen:

- new website template (in the past i've called this 'chrome') mockups
complete, communty feedback, any iterations/adjustments

- new website template complete in CSS using 960.gs fluid library and
complete in genshi (or whatever tech is preferred) templates

concurrent to that, in order:

- content review of current www.fpo (looking for correctness, usability)

- content corrections to current www.fpo content

concurrent to that, in order:

- new fpo content developed: 20 articles; Current proposal (which may
change as design evolves):
 ∘  5 "Do it with Fedora!" tutorials for www.fpo
 ∘  5 "I use Fedora" profiles for www.fpo
 ∘  5 "Your life on Fedora" informational articles for www.fpo
 ∘ 5 "What makes Fedora different?" informational articles for www.fpo

concurrent to all this:

- style guide for www.fpo written up in wiki. Sijis has a great start:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/Fedora_Design_Document  It'll
develop organically as the mockups and website design progress so it
should be updated as that goes on.

What does everyone think?

~m