Fedora 14 schedule

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 11 22:43:45 UTC 2010

2010/6/7 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:
> On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 15:51 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
>> I've completed what a Fedora 14 schedule based on the same spacing and
>> dependencies in Fedora 13.
>>
>> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-14/f-14-web-tasks.html
>>
>> Please let me know of any changes or adjustments you would like me to
>> make.  I can also add in more tasks if those would be helpful to track
>> as well.
>
> We probably want to add the website redesign project to the schedule,
> no? It's not something we've broken down into milestones yet
> though :( My rough stab at it in order I think things could happen:
>
> - new website template (in the past i've called this 'chrome') mockups
> complete, communty feedback, any iterations/adjustments
>
> - new website template complete in CSS using 960.gs fluid library and
> complete in genshi (or whatever tech is preferred) templates

Yes, i'd love to use the fluid library, instead of the static one.

> concurrent to that, in order:
>
> - content review of current www.fpo (looking for correctness, usability)
>
> - content corrections to current www.fpo content

Yes, we definitely need to do this as some content is incorrect, as in
the get-help page.

The one question I have.. is when reviewing this content, who is the
website targetted to?
My idea would be lean towards the novice/new users and have smaller
sections/areas for more advanced users (like developers).

> concurrent to that, in order:
>
> - new fpo content developed: 20 articles; Current proposal (which may
> change as design evolves):
>  ∘  5 "Do it with Fedora!" tutorials for www.fpo
>  ∘  5 "I use Fedora" profiles for www.fpo
>  ∘  5 "Your life on Fedora" informational articles for www.fpo
>  ∘ 5 "What makes Fedora different?" informational articles for www.fpo

If possible, we should include FWN.

> concurrent to all this:
>
> - style guide for www.fpo written up in wiki. Sijis has a great start:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/Fedora_Design_Document  It'll
> develop organically as the mockups and website design progress so it
> should be updated as that goes on.

I agree 100%.

> What does everyone think?
>
> ~m

I agree, adding the fp.o redesign to the schedule will definitely keep
it visible.
I would probably say the site should be done by at least 2 weeks prior
to the release. It give it time for translations and bug fixing. We
could put it in stg.fedoraproject.org, as we did with get-redesign for
previewing.

Do you want us to meet at your next Design meeting to talk a little
more detail about this or put this through logistics?

Sijis