Call for help

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Jun 22 02:44:00 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 07:24:13PM -0700, Ian MacGregor wrote:
> Greetings,
>  Ian MacGregor here, I'm the wiki tender for the Fedora Classroom.
>
> I have been asked several times lately about how to edit the Fedora
> Wiki. Some folks are finding typo's and grammar errors and wish to help
> improve the wiki but don't know how to edit or are unfamiliar with the
> mediawiki syntax.
>
> Currently there is a request for a "How to use the fedoraproject.org
> wiki" class on the classroom page. I do not yet have the expertise to be
> able to properly give a class on this topic but I'm betting there are
> some Websites Team members who do. So, I'd like to ask the team for
> help. If you feel you have the skills and can teach a class on how to
> use/edit the fp.o wiki, please consider signing up to give a class.

Not only that, but ...

1. Several of us should write up a curriculum that we can all deliver,
and ...

2. We should have multiple sessions, probably a few every quarter.

This is such an essential skill for all contributors that we need to
kick it up a level on helping people here.

In general, we're going to use the Wikimedia standards, but we should
call them out, show how we use them, and so forth, all on one page we
can train from.

- Karsten