Call for help

Ian MacGregor ardchoille42 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 03:31:39 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 19:44 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 07:24:13PM -0700, Ian MacGregor wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >  Ian MacGregor here, I'm the wiki tender for the Fedora Classroom.
> >
> > I have been asked several times lately about how to edit the Fedora
> > Wiki. Some folks are finding typo's and grammar errors and wish to help
> > improve the wiki but don't know how to edit or are unfamiliar with the
> > mediawiki syntax.
> >
> > Currently there is a request for a "How to use the fedoraproject.org
> > wiki" class on the classroom page. I do not yet have the expertise to be
> > able to properly give a class on this topic but I'm betting there are
> > some Websites Team members who do. So, I'd like to ask the team for
> > help. If you feel you have the skills and can teach a class on how to
> > use/edit the fp.o wiki, please consider signing up to give a class.
>
> Not only that, but ...
>
> 1. Several of us should write up a curriculum that we can all deliver,
> and ...
>
> 2. We should have multiple sessions, probably a few every quarter.

Maybe something like Fedora Wiki 101, Fedora Wiki 102, etc. Nice idea!

> This is such an essential skill for all contributors that we need to
> kick it up a level on helping people here.

Good point. Our wiki could be so much better with more people knowing
how to use/edit it, and this would boost our contributor base too. And,
people who get into contributing usually end up joining other teams so
there's an enormous potential here.

> In general, we're going to use the Wikimedia standards, but we should
> call them out, show how we use them, and so forth, all on one page we
> can train from.
>
> - Karsten

Regards,
Rev. Dr. Ian MacGregor